Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm 37!

It's my birthday today and I feel old, but not because I'm 37.

I feel old because over Thanksgiving weekend a 16-year-old had to show me around Facebook. (I recently signed up out of both personal curiosity and for professional reasons to see what all the fuss is about .) I feel old because she demonstrated how to do all these cool things with Facebook but I was still thinking, "What's all the fuss about?"

I feel old because I don't know how to receive a text message on my phone and because I don't own an Ipod. If I heard music was burning on something, I'd call the fire department. (Kidding on that one.) I feel old because I just figured out that Hannah Montana is a person not a state.

Don't get me wrong....It's not a bad feeling, just an adult one. For years and years I didn't see myself as a "real" adult and then all of a sudden I turned around and I am just that -- an adult taking my kid to the dentist and reminding him to floss.

1 comment:

BCK said...

Well, you could look old and feel young instead of vice-versa. Or, worse, you could look AND feel old!
...even worse still, you could just really be old (like me).