Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Musical Chairs: Why?!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Brad and I went to a Washington Wizards Basketball game on Saturday night. Turns out it was "Family Fun Night." So, as entertainment between one of the quarters there was a game of musical chairs with four children and the Wizards bizarre mascot G-whiz.


Watching it brought back memories of how much I really, really didn't care for musical chairs. What is the point? To encourage kids to push each other out of the way? To be sure all but one feels like an idiot for a least a few seconds? And even better -- let's do it in front of a large crowd at an arena!? Seriously, I just don't get it. Someone tell me why this game is fun and/or good for children. I'm happy to listen.

Don't even get me started on how I ended up in years of intensive therapy because of "Duck-Duck-Goose."

No comments: