Monday, December 10, 2007

"I want my mommy!"

As mentioned in an earlier post, my mom was in town visiting for Hanukkah. (Mom came up from Florida; Dad stayed home .) Anyway, she just left. I *always* get sad when she leaves. It's so predictable that Brad said to me this morning as we pulled out of the garage, "Don't be sad" and then called early in the day to say the same thing.

It feels like it did when I was growing up and my parents would visit me at camp and then leave - a combination of something missing and some missed opportunity. I miss her and wish she lived closer and could see every little Zander meltdown (see here and here) for herself (although I'm pretty sure that's not what she would want to witness).

I realize that, in reality, I am lucky that my folks visit as much as they do and that we visit them, as well as go on trips with them. But there's a part of me that still wants to say "I WANT MY MOMMY!"

(And you thought this would be a post about Zander, didn't you?)

No comments: