Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I'm no movie critic

As a childless couple, Brad and I were moviegoers -- a lot. However, since Z was born I could probably count on one hand -- maybe two -- the number of movies that we have seen in actual theatres. We use Neflix, but are even falling behind on those.

It's taken me, oh, maybe three-and-a-half years to be 100% comfortable leaving Zander -- okay, maybe 95% comfortable. The night before last, Z was in good hands with Grandma Paula and Pap-Pap, so Brad and I went to see a movie. On a last minute decision, we chose I am Legend starring Will Smith (and a beautiful German Shepherd).

Now, I'm no movie critic. But this was a darn good movie. Maybe it's because I had no expectations going in. Hadn't read a review, seen a preview, etc. Either way, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and that's saying a lot considering how my mind can wander these days.

The movie definitely had shades of 28 Days Later, Outbreak, and maybe even a tad I, Robot, what with Will Smith being all moral and everything. Either way, it was gripping. I even involuntarily shouted the "f-word" a few times.

When the movie was over and the lights came up, Brad looked at me and said, "It was a little slow." Guess you had to be there.

No comments: