Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm fine with it.

If anyone was waiting with bated breath after this post to hear about how gymnastics went this Saturday, well, it didn't. Brad took Z this time, so I wasn't there to witness it. From what I've been told, even our friend Todd (dad to Champe) helped out and sat patiently with Z in the gymnasium, while his son participated in the class. But, no luck.

If you added up all the time we spent talking and strategizing about this during the week, you'd think the kid was refusing to wear a helmet or brush his teeth or something. It's obvious that we have just one child.

Two weeks ago when I was there, one of the gymnasium staff suggested that we join the two-to-three year old class, where parents CAN take the class with their child. I swallowed hard, fought back tears, and thought, "There's no way I'm going to let my child be sent back a grade! No way."

But, now that's our plan. Maybe he's just not ready and we're not going to push it just now. And I'm fine with it. I am. Really.

No comments: