Friday, January 25, 2008

Whoo hoo!

We've been busy recovering from some strange illness.

The night after Zander's surgery he woke up and threw up. We thought it was a delayed reaction to the anesthesia. But, the next day, his school called and said he threw up again and was also running a low-grade fever. I rushed there to pick him up, all the while thinking, "What type of parent takes her child to school the day after general anesthesia surgery?!"

When he woke up from his nap later that day, he said, "Mama, I tried to stand up, but I just fall down." My poor little guy!

Meanwhile, Z was fine that evening and slept great. I, on the other hand, woke-up at 4:00am and puked. Also had a fever for most of the next day. So, Z probably had some type of virus, which I caught. Unfortunately, it is the busiest time of year for my office (because of our annual conference next week), so I had to go into work anyway. (Registration closes COB today, so you'd better hurry.)

Just to top it off, Brad had some minor eye surgery yesterday afternoon. (Pretty funny how you hear all about my eye surgery for days beforehand -- see this post, this post, and this post -- but not a peep about his? Anyway, back to me...)

As a result of this excitement, last night Brad and I went to sleep right after Z at about 8:30pm. Collectively, we got about 30 hours of shut-eye and all feel as good as new.

Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Barf-o-rama! Glad everyone is okay now. :)

Susan said...

Don't go outside your house.
The paparazzi are waiting for the puking/pooping infamous Braunstein/Kueblers.