Thursday, February 28, 2008

The art of kvetching using cliches and over used phrases

Okay, I don’t want to bite the hand that feeds me or anything, but Blogger is driving me up the wall lately. (For my parents readers who might not know, Blogger is the "publishing system" that makes Everyone Is Doin' It work.)

Let me first say that Blogger is FREE. And that’s a bonus. And I shouldn’t be kvetching. However, when free things break, well sometimes the only satisfying thing to do is kvetch.

First, it was a the spell-checker that went down the toilet (although that has finally been fixed). Next, out of the blue, the “Recent Comments” and "Recent Posts" widget "breaked" (as Zander would say).

And the icing on the cake is that apparently, my peeps have been commenting, but the comments have been disappearing into cyberspace. What's an amateur blogger to do? Bury her head in the sand?

4 comments:

JCB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wrekehavoc said...

just attempting a comment. not saying anything naughty. just feeling your pain, so to speak.

JCB said...

Thanks wreke. At least now I know the comments work. It's no wonder all the cool bloggers use WordPress.

dvdmon said...

I know this is a really old post and you might not be looking for anything else right now, but I've found Wordpress to be a really good blogging environment. They have a version you can install onto your own server (as I do) or a kind of hosted thing like Blogger at Wordpress.com. I haven't played with Blogger for a long time so I can't comment on how they compare feature-wise, but it seems Wordpress is always making updates whereas Google seems to be really slow once they have a stable product...