Monday, February 4, 2008

The Wave of The Future?

The conference that my organization hosted last week was held at the National Press Club. My office has many of it's events there so I'm pretty familiar with the place. (So familiar, in fact, that when Z was a wee lad, I took my handy-dandy Pump N'Style into what was supposed to be an empty meeting room or two -- much to the surprise of the press club AV staff. But that's a story for another day.)

The club has recently been upgraded and each bathroom now has these cool Dyson Air Blades. Dyson bills it as "the fasted, most hygenic hand dryer" there is.

I had to just stand there and try it a few times, because they look so funky. (Needless to say, the women waiting behind me weren't so thrilled.) It's really loud, quite powerful, and you know what? It actually works -- as opposed to these kind of hand dryers, where the instructions should read:

1) Push button.

2) Rub hands back and forth under dryer.

3) Wipe hands on pants.

I did not make that up, but I'm not sure where it came from.

Regardless, I actually found this demonstration video (on YouTube) of the Airblade in use at the National Press Club! That internet thing...it rocks.

No comments: