Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Circus Medley

We went to a surprisingly anti-climatic circus on Sunday evening. (I realize that the circus can be controversial. See recent Washington Post article here.) There was no strong-man, no motorcycles in small cages, etc. It was more like Cirque de Soleil with some elephants thrown in, but not as polished. Zander had a fine time, so I guess that is what matters.

However, as I was looking for the link to the Post article mentioned above, I found this letter to the editor instead, which talks about bleeding elephants and now? Now, I feel justified in (probably illegally) videotaping parts to post here. I'll show them...

video

(Okay, so after I cut the video, I realized it wasn't as anti-climactic as I had thought. Maybe I'm just jaded.)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for posting the (maybe illegal? :) ) video! Hehe. I went to the circus a while ago, too, and they also had the men in the hamster-like wheels - it was neat to watch! Looks like your circus visit was cooler, though...

Lisa said...

Okay, I know you're going to think, "Man, she's such a San Franciscan," but truly, circuses like Ringling are the worst when it comes to inhumane treatment of animals. I am not a fan of PETA at all but...
http://www.peta.org/feat-circusmom.asp

That said, I support you in whatever you choose to do. As long as it doesn't involve the circus.

P.S. Clowns are evil.

JCB said...

Um, yeah. That's what you sound like -- a San Franciscan. Right.

kristi said...

Look at you causing all kinds of controversy. I like Lisa. Must be a SF thing.

Lisa said...

Jill has a friend in Mill Valley and didn't tell me? Trying to keep us apart I guess! Must be a jealous-of-Californians thing....

JCB said...

Lisa -> this is Kristi. Kristi -> this is Lisa. Didn't realize Mill Valley was close to San Fran. And it's true, I AM jealous of California. Except for the earthquake thing. That, not so much.

kristi said...

Nice to meet you, Lisa.

The "earthquake thing" is far over-rated. We sleep through most of them.

Lisa said...

Exactly, Kristi! Let's try to get Jillie et al out here this summer and maybe she can see how fun an EQ can be!