Tuesday, April 29, 2008

People Magazine

It's my guilty pleasure. What makes it a lot less guilty is that my husband got me the subscription a year or so ago because he wanted me to stop reading parenting magazines and other non-fiction (although one can certainly argue whether or not everything in mainstream parenting mags is fiction or non-fiction). Either way, I guess you can say that he wanted me to lighten-up a bit.

(Why am I posting my mail? Thank the never-ending NaBloPoMo of April 2008. Theme: Letters.)

7 comments:

Anita said...

Hi, my name's Anita, and I admit I'm an addict of the online version of People mag. :-) Anyway, I've been enjoying your blog--that video of Zander playing baseball with his grandpa is great!

JCB said...

Hi Anita. Nice to meet you. Glad you enjoy the video. - Jill

Melissa and Peter said...

Not only do I read People but I consider it "literature" compared to the other crap I read (US, In touch, etc). I get a bunch of them at work and I have a weekly ritual of reading them during my manicure/pedicure and then give it to my manicurist. Her 6 yr old taught himself to read using them. I guess Brad Pitt is easy to sound out.

JCB said...

Somehow MelHuf it seems appropriate for you to read all of those -- living and working in the LA area and all. Weekly manicure and pedicure?! Nice! Can I come visit?

wrekehavoc said...

yeah. total guilty pleasure. i love to read People. i only see it at the doctor's office. and boy, am i bummed when they haven't caught up to the latest one (i go to that doctor's office every four weeks. it's really sad when you actually have read and know which mags your doctor has, right?)

Melissa and Peter said...

come visit ANYTIME!

JCB said...

Wreke -- I was initially going to post the "People magazine" post on Monday, but then it occured to me -- there is only one real "guilty plseasure" monday, so I waited till Tuesday in your honor. ;)