Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Before Preggo vs. Preggo...

OR "When THIS Pregnant Woman Goes Grocery Shopping."

Before I was pregnant, I had a thing for chocolate covered marshmallows of any kind. My husband saw that some of my favorites were on sale at the grocery store post-Passover and stocked us up:


Pregnant, these are just not my thing. Can't eat 'em. Sorry. Too bad we have 60!

As I've mentioned before, I love me some Starbucks Lattes. That is, before pregnant. (This happened with Zander too. For some reason, lost the taste for lattes. Probably a good thing in the long run.) Ditto with seltzer. Used to love the stuff; now crushed ice water is the only way to go.

Before being pregnant, I would never have come home from the grocery store with this kind loot:


(Note that two of the packages are already cooked. Just in case I can't wait for the real stuff to cook. Isn't that convenient? Who knew?!)

And my daily staple, soon after waking up is a bagel. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), the staple also requires cream cheese. Lots and lots of cream cheese. This is about a week's worth:

2 comments:

Anita said...

Wow!! NO SELTZER? that is NOT the Jill I know!! ;-)

JCB said...

I know, I know. It's heartbreaking. Okay, that's an exaggeration. I'd say "Look at all the money we're saving," but seltzer is so cheap that it doesn't really save us much. Oh well.