Saturday, June 21, 2008

T-Ball

Sometimes I think we do too much.

Today, Zander has his 1st T-ball class, went swimming, and is currently at a Nationals game with Brad. (Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I attended the t-ball class and then promptly came home and took a nap.) Brad and Z went to the local rec center pool and then the Nats game.

I know you might be thinking: "First gymnastics, then soccer, now t-ball. These folks should read The Trouble with Perfect or The Over-Scheduled Child: Avoiding the Hyper-Parenting Trap." Well, I am reading the former and I do see the dangers of over-scheduling children -- believe me. That is precisely why I nap in between these events.

Seriously, Z requested this t-ball class and, overall, it went rather well. We were a bit shocked when we first showed up because -- although nowhere in the class description did it say to bring your own glove, bat, or balls -- many of the dads parents had full-fledged, top-of-the-line gear for their child. And, indeed, we were supposed to bring our own gear, it just didn't say so in the materials.

Regardless, all I have are a few blurry pictures. But I feel compelled to post them since I had the odd feeling that this was only the first of many, many times I would be watching Zander on a baseball-type field. The first is Zander running the bases before class started and the second is Z hitting the ball off of the "T" for the first time (with Coach "A.B." standing nearby). Seriously, that's his name.

No comments: