Monday, July 14, 2008

Just Delightful!

Not to be petty or anything, but when we received week's guilty pleasure People magazine announcing the birth of a baby girl for Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, I got a bit annoyed.

The headline says "BABY BLISS!" Fine, they're happy that the baby is here. I can get around that. But "BLISS?" Come on. Then it goes on to say that the couple told People, "She's an absolute delight." Whose newborn is a delight? A delight? I mean, did I miss something? Am I just a bad person? What's delightful about those first few days and weeks? Oh, right -- the meconium (delightful I tell you!) the endless late night feedings, the stitches in the nether regions, the exploding breasts, the lochia (more delight). Thanks for reminding me.

P.S. Interestingly enough, as of this writing, Blogger spellcheck does recognizes neither meconium nor lochia. Go figure. (If you don't know what they are -- don't click on the links. Trust me.)

1 comment:

wrekehavoc said...

of course it's bliss. you know there's an army of nannies taking care of the dirty work and waking up all hours of the night. cmon -- i think there was a pic in that issue of nic out to lunch with friends 3 DAYS AFTER GIVING BIRTH. i don't think i knew where my feet were three days after giving birth. who looks that good after giving birth?