Monday, July 21, 2008

Yaz, aka Yazoo

No one was as surprised as I was to find me amidst the sold-out crowd at the 9:30 Club last night. There I was, wearing the dreaded tie-in-the-back maternity shirt, bopping away to none other than Yaz (also known as Yazoo).

Would you believe we actually got babysitting -- a fantastic young woman whom Zander 'took to' instantly? And then off we went...out to dinner in downtown DC to the somewhat trendy Lauriol Plaza, and then off to the concert.

This was music that I daydreamed to, danced to, worked-out to, you name it -- sometime in the 80's I think. The whole thing just took me back. The concert itself was great -- I think they sang every song from both of their two CDs (albums at the time). This video is not from the concert we attended (obviously), but is of one of Yaz's most well-known songs, Situation:


No comments: