Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Great Day at Glen Echo Park

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a 'day-off ' from parenting on Saturday to help celebrate an old friend's upcoming wedding. On Sunday, Brad had a 'day-off' in the mosh pit of the Virgin Mobile Music Festival with an old friend of his own. (Yes, my forty-something husband still goes into mosh pits.)

So, while Brad was moshing, Zander and I went to Glen Echo Park for the first time. I say "for the first time," because it's not even ten minutes from our house and we've been meaning to go there for awhile now.

We had a picnic, saw a puppet show (Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood), played on the playground, watched a Spanish dance class, rode the carousel, went to the children's museum, and explored a yurt full of local pottery. It was a great day. Below is a not-so-good picture of the Z-man with the wolf puppet.

2 comments:

kristi said...

that puppet scares me.

JCB said...

Yeah, I was afraid it would scare Zander too, but turns out the story was a little different. It was told from the wolf's perspective, which was that he was just trying to tell the 3 pigs not to litter in the forest. He didn't want to eat them. Plus, fun music would come on whenever he (the wolf) was on stage, so it helped...