Thursday, August 28, 2008

More from New York

A lot of blog posts for less that 48 hours in one city, heh? Well, this one isn't exactly about NYC. It's about something that happened on the drive up as well as what didn't happen during the trip.

After an hour or so on the road, Zander yelled, "We forgot Taggies!" (Taggies is Zander's lovey, mentioned all over this blog. See here, here, and here.) Trying not to panic, I grabbed his little backpack/suitcase (which I had let him pack himself) and looked. Indeed, no Taggies. Adding to the drama -- I did not bring the back-up Taggies on the trip. My mind quickly went to sleepless nights in a cramped hotel room and I seriously considered finding a children's store and purchasing a temporary stand-in.

But that was it. Taggies never came up again. Not once. I don't think this necessarily means he is ready to give it up yet and we're not in any rush either.

And, he still had his thumb, which he shows no signs of giving up any time soon.

Here's a photo of Zander with Taggies (and thumb and Lamby) in August 2005 (at 14 months old):

1 comment:

LCM said...

What a darling picture. I can't believe he was ever that little.