Friday, August 22, 2008

On 'Carrying' Big

I think it's cute and kind of funny, really. At least right now I think so. Ask me in a few more weeks and I'll probably NOT think it's so funny. See conversations below, both of which took place yesterday.

*******
The "chef" in the cafeteria across from my office where I sometimes get lunch: "Early November, right?"
Me: "Nope. Mid-December."
Chef: "Darn. I'm usually spot-on."

*******

The friendly attendant at the parking lot in my office building: "Baby come soon, yes?"
Me: "No. December. I just carry big."
Parking Attendant: [Silence. And a little red.]

*******

For the record, I am almost six months pregnant. Yes, yes, depending on what book you read this differs a bit, but whatever.

I hope to get the nerve up to take, be able to look at, and post a belly picture at some point before this baby arrives -- if only because I've promised a photo to my dear cousin Lisa in California. Until then, I give you the cool photo below, which I've always loved. Unfortunately, I did a little research and it appears to be a fake -- perfected in Photoshop. Repeat: this photo is NOT of me and is likely not legitimate (but still cool IMO).

2 comments:

mixtapetherapy said...

I'm sorry...I'm all about the sanctity of life and all that crap, but that photo kinda freaks me out a bit...

Anyway, we miss you guys...call me!

JCB said...

Yes, but have no fear -- it's not real. Apparently, the uterus is like a steak (in terms of thickness) and one could never kick through a steak to get a footprint like this. No jokes please.

Hope we can overlap soon. Miss you guys too!