I've been in a Slurpee phase for a while now. Yup, a slurpee phase. Must be 7-Eleven and must be Coca-Cola flavored. Below are some things I've discovered during this phase:
- There are 7-Elevens on almost every corner.
- Most 7-Elevens have Coke flavored slurpees, but not all are created equal. (Some have too much syrup and not enough of the frozen stuff.)
- If a red light is blinking above the coke flavor on slurpee machine, turn around, get back in car, and proceed to next 7-Eleven. Maybe call friend or husband to complain.
- There is only a .10 cent difference between the 28 ounce slurpee and the 40 ounce slurpee. Go figure.
- Often, parking is challenging at 7-Eleven (mostly due due to the many comings and goings).
- Many (but not all) 7-Elevens are actually open 24 hours.
- Many 7-Elevens have a sign on the storefront that says "Live Bait." Do that many people need live bait and actually buy it at a convenience store?
There you have it. More than you ever needed to know about 7-Eleven and slurpees.
P.S. But wait! Who knew there was an official slurpee website with A LOT more than you ever needed to know.