Friday, September 26, 2008

Zander's "Bad News"

In addition to street signs, Zander has been into the phrase "bad news" lately. Not sure where he picked it up (although given my penchant for seeing the glass half empty, it might have been from me), but here is how he has used it in the last two weeks or so:

Story #1:
Zander [to Bar Mitzvah celebrant Jake]: Do you want to know what my bad news is?
Jake: What's your bad news?
Zander: My friend Elizabeth is in Australia for awhile [mentioned in this post].

Story #2:
Zander [coming out of his room 60 seconds after we sang the last song before bedtime]: "I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I had two bad dreams. But the good news is I had 21 good dreams!"

Story #3:
Zander [to me when I show up at school to pick him up]: I have bad news. I poked a hole in my shirt.

No comments: