Saturday, January 10, 2009

My kvetch for today (or the next few months)

I know I just posted the whole "what fun is a newborn" thing, but this time I'm really asking the question.

For me at least -- the newborn phase just isn't a whole lot of "fun" per se. I mean, I marvel at it and all. I am amazed that this little baby actually grew inside of me and at how quickly she is growing, etc. But, it's not like it's a barrel of laughs or anything. Once she starts communicating more -- or differently -- this whole parenting thing becomes a lot more enjoyable (for me). (Yeah, yeah, I realize that this could all be tempered by the post partum depression mentioned previously.)

In the meantime, I feel like my life is not my own. I can't go away from her for too long in case she needs to eat. I shower in a rush. I eat in a rush, etc. (Yes, Brad gives Cassie a bottle of pumped milk almost nightly so I can get some extra sleep, but still.) So, that's my kvetch for today -- and probably for the next few months to a year or so.

3 comments:

Melissa and Peter said...

When times are tough I hear it's always good to relax and chill out with a placenta burger. :) I hope she starts communicating soon. She's your daughter she should start talking at what 5, 6 weeks?

JCB said...

The pot calling the kettle black with the talking MelHuf! I'll refrain from making jokes about microwave popcorn causing five-alarm fires. ;) Hope your move went well.

Melissa and Peter said...

Move went well but the microwave isn't nearly as powerful as my old one...guess that's a good thing!

Very true on the talking!

xoxo