Friday, February 20, 2009

I thought this part was supposed to be easier with the second

Right now I'm waiting at the dentist office trying to hold myself together (and failing) while my little baby has her first few hours at what will be her daycare when I return to work.

When I told Zander that Cassandra was going to her 'school' for a few hours today he said, "But what if she gets thirsty?!" What if she gets thirsty indeed. Of course, there will be pumped milk there for her, but I saw his question more as a metaphor. What if she is thirsty for mama?! I thought this part was supposed to be easier with the second child! It is not -- at least not today. My heart aches.

Meanwhile, the dental hygienist hands me tissues to wipe away the tears and gently tells me to floss more often.

2 comments:

kristi said...

not easier. harder. now there are two to miss. I quit my job two months after returning from maternity leave with the second.

JCB said...

Well, why didn't you tell me?!!! Oh, wait you did. I just didn't listen. ;(