Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seven Random Things Meme

Some time ago, I was tagged for a "seven random and weird things about yourself" meme by Kristi of "and the beat goes on." And when I say some time ago -- I mean five or six months ago. At the time, I thought it was daunting. But now that the "25 Random Things" note has done its rounds on Facebook, seven things seems easy. (If you don't know what I'm talking about regarding the "25 Random Things" note, see this piece on it in the New York Times. If you do know about it, see this funny one in the Washington Post.)

Drum roll please...here are my seven random and weird things (in no order):

  • For reasons I am not entirely sure, when I was pregnant, I was totally addicted to the HBO show True Blood. I stayed up late to re-watch episodes, I visited the website to read summaries of episodes I had seen twice, and I trolled their fan "wiki" for spoilers. Mostly, I think I was looking for third trimester distraction. Either way, the season has ended and I would miss the show terribly if I had any time to watch television anymore.
  • Full (or even half-full) garbage cans (in my home) annoy me. I have to empty them regularly. Like daily sometimes.

  • Not necessarily a surprise and not that weird -- but I am not -- nor have I ever been been a very patient person. I would sneak peeks at Hanukkah presents growing up, etc.

  • When I was 12 or 13 years old, I had my ears 'done.' Apparently they stuck out a lot and apparently I felt strongly about it. This is embarrassing to me now. (Although I fantasize about getting a lot more than my ears done when all of this baby-making/nursing is finished. (What is it about this blog that makes me want to reveal personal things?)

  • I am sometimes often always change-averse. (Brad and Laura are probably saying, "And this is a surprise, how?" as they are two people who are patient enough to drag me kicking and screaming into new situations.) For example, I've worked at the same organization for ten years, and at the job prior to this one for seven years.

  • I was born in the Bronx, New York. I love telling people this, as they think I might be a bad-ass. Although, we never actually lived in the Bronx. We lived in New Jersey.

  • Apparently, either I can't count or I'm lazy (or both), as the above is only six.

2 comments:

KRISTI said...

bravo!! and better late than never. and why in the world were you born in the bronx if you lived in new jersey?

JCB said...

Hi K -- My dad was doing his residency at a hospital in the Bronx, which is why I was born there.