Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Serves Me Right

Every now and then when I'm reading to my son at night I 'accidentally' turn more than one page at once, hoping he won't notice. I know it sounds terrible, but who knew that Dr. Seuss was so darn prolific and that the books are so long? Sure. Fine. I'm good with One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and The Cat in the Hat. Even Green Eggs and Ham. But, Brad and Zander raided the Dr. Seuss section at our local library and every night for the past week it's been all If I Ran the Zoo, Hunches in Bunches, and And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street.

Tonight, Brad was out at a baseball game and I was on the final leg of the 2nd bedtime routine (Cassandra was already asleep) after a long day of work. I skipped just a page or two, I swear. They are brilliant books, but I wanted to be finished for the night. Should have known that Zander would notice my 'mistake.' Alas, we then had to go through every single page again to find the one I missed.

Serves me right.

No comments: