Thursday, September 3, 2009

Let Good Sense Prevail

Long story how this came about. In fact, I'm not entirely sure I understand it, but my mom had a letter-to-the-editor published in the Miami Herald today. (My parents live in South Florida. In fact, I grew up there.)

This is what it said:

Healthcare should be a moral imperative for all, not a for-profit endeavor for a few. Our country is in a stranglehold from corporate lobbying against healthcare reform. Let good sense prevail.

That's my mom -- talkin' about good sense. That's what it is all about. That's what it has always been about. And when I say "it," I mean everything, not just health care. And you know what, I'm starting to agree with her, which I do more and more these days. Don't tell my teenage self that though. She'd be mortified.

You can see the letter on this page. (Scroll down past the Gadhafi letter.)