Monday, November 16, 2009

Tell and Show

No, you read that correctly. What we knew to be "Show and Tell" growing up has now morphed into "Tell and Show." It's a good idea really. The child is supposed to come up with three clues about his or her chosen "Tell and Show" item and then relay those clues to the class. The class then tries to guess the item.

We've always left it up to Zander to decide what he would bring, hard as this might be for an over-involved parent such as myself. My stomach dropped when -- for his first "Tell and Show" -- he brought his Taggies blanket. (Would they call him a baby?) But that seemed to go just fine. Other "Tell and Show" items have included: favorite books, a NASA postcard from an astronaut-themed birthday party goody bag, and a mini-torah.

When I ask how it went, he usually proudly says he "stumped the kindergartners." (I'm sure that phrase came from the teacher.) Problem is, I think he thinks the goal is to stump the kindergartners. How I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that class sometimes.

No comments: