Saturday, December 19, 2009

The 'Blizzard' of December 2009

So, we're currently in the middle of a blizzard here. And while I understand we are using the term 'blizzard' because there is a possibility of up to two feet of snow, somehow I always pictured high winds and struggling to walk as part of a blizzard. But, what do I know...I spend the majority of my formative years in humid sunny South Florida.

Granted, I might *not* be saying this tomorrow on day two of being cooped up in the house, but so far it's been pretty darn cool. There's something totally awesome (like really like I mean it) about alleviating the pressure to go anywhere and DO anything. Instead we've had a wondefully leisurely day enjoying each other, playing games, sledding, napping, and so forth.

Here's a picture of the deck when the snow was apparently about 1/3 of the way done:

Some sledding. Cass was a champ -- she loved it. Zander got cold fairly quickly.

Post snow red faces:

No comments: