Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One post a week, does not a blogger make!

I realize this. But, we've been busy here. I/we are still amazed by the logistics of running a household with two children. I also realize that this might seem laughable to many -- those with three or more children, single parents, etc. etc. We are blessed in so many ways and I hate that I whine and kvetch all the time.

* * * * *

Yesterday, Cassandra had ear tubes installed. Okay, not installed -- more like inserted. The surgery went smoothly and her recovering was quick. Here's hoping the tubes stay in for years, allow for fewer ear infections, and then fall out uneventfully on their own (unlike her brother's tubes, one of which got stuck.)

Here's a photo of Cass in the waiting room of the surgical center admiring the fish tank:

Below is one of her in the hospital gown before the surgery. ("Babies" and "hospital gown" shouldn't ever have to be used in the same sentence. So I didn't.)

Just for fun, this one is of both children the night before Cass's surgery:

1 comment:

Andy said...

That fish tank looks familiar!

I'm glad the ear tube procedure went well - as you know, they make a huge difference (although Pearl managed to get an ear infection even with her tubes in).