Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bossy's No Book Tour

I was out at a pool hall/lounge the night before last. I know -- this should not be big news. But, it's been years since I've been out at a bar without the children. (Not that I usually bring the children to bars -- I usually don't go to them!) This was the kind of place where -- ten or fifteen years ago -- I might have been considered a regular. Maybe even would have gotten to know the bartender. ;) Nowadays, however, there just isn't the same kind of time for bar hopping and playing pool that there used to be. But, boy did it feel good to be out at night(!) sans children and to be out at a place other than the grocery store or some other emergency errand.)

Anyway, the reason for my big night out (actually the parking garage closed at 9:00pm so it wasn't THAT big of a night), was to meet up with Bossy of i am bossy fame. Her nobooktour was coming through the area. She is just as amazing in person as she is on her blog and so are the members of her council who were there (Vuboq, Diahn, ShallowGal, my old friend here, and many more). A few of my all-time favorite Bossy posts are here and here if you're wondering what the fuss is about.)

I didn't bring a camera, but you can see some photos of the event on i am bossy and on Diahn's blog, including a good one of yours truly and Bossy (thanks Diahn)!

1 comment:

Diahn said...

:) A night out that doesn't include the grocery store is HUGE, indeed...maybe we should have them more often - Bossy's council quarterly meetings... :D

I had a great time - so glad to have met you and the others - it's so great to get out of my comfort zone occasionally and see what lovely people there are in the world...

xo