Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

I had high hopes for today's post. I was going to video tape the children (the eldest really) singing a rousing version of "Happy Birthday" to my father, who is turning 70 today. When I realized that wasn't going to materialize, I was then going to print out a "Happy Birthday" sign, somehow affix it to both children and get some good footage of that.

Alas, as you can see, neither of those things happened. And in an effort to not "let the best be the enemy of the good" (my go-to excuse for procrastinating and my life's struggle with fruitless attempts at perfection), I am instead just posting this...

Happy, happy birthday Dad (or Mickey as I often call you). You are one of a kind. I don't always (rarely in fact) know how to say it or show it, but I love you. Few things bring me more joy than seeing you play with your grandchildren (assuming, of course, you are watching what you say and *not* telling them scary stories)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: