Monday, April 12, 2010

Slow down baby

I'm done having children. Honestly, I don't think that I (or my marriage) could survive a third post-partum roller coaster. For some women, that part is easy. For me, not so much.

Given the above statement, why am I starting to look longingly at pregnant women, newborns, and other babies? Actually, it's probably because of the above statement that I look so adoringly. Either way, as I watch Cassandra become more and more of her own person and less like a baby, some part of meet wants to scream, "Slow down! Stay my baby for just a while longer...please!"

We are finally, FINALLY falling into a reliable sleep pattern. (I kvetched about our sleep challenges here, there, and everywhere.) The sun is coming out again and things have been looking up. I feel a bit like a long fog is lifting. The last thing I would want to do is throw another baby into the mix. But look how my baby is growing. So fast!

Going down slides by herself...

Climbing up stairs and saying something very important at the same time (no one knows exactly what she is saying, but no matter)...

Signing her version of "more" (notice the Costco-size jar of pretzels in the upper right)...

No comments: