Saturday, December 18, 2010

The 'Jill' cake

My family had a few surprises in store for me to honor my 40th birthday. One of them was t-shirts each emblazoned with photos from a decade of my life and the tag line, "Four decades of excellence." EXCELLENCE I tell you! See photo below of my mother-in-law and my father wearing the couture.

Another surprise was a slide show with photos and videos from those four decades. I expect it to go viral anytime now. Here's Zander and me watching it:

And yet another was a cake with -- what could it be -- ME on it!

Finally, I also got a fancy new iPad to play with.

THANKS family! Here's to four more decades...

5 comments:

Melissa and Peter said...

I don't know which i love more...the t-shirts or the cake! Well done Braunsteins and Kueblers! Happy bday Jillie!

LCM said...

Not sure I had heard about the "four decades of excellence" thing. Is that because "Three decades plus a few years of excellence followed by six years of sleepless nights, dirty diapers, throw up, and thomas-the-train-potty-training bribes, and just now heading back into excellence" was too long to fit on the shirt????

JCB said...

Thanks Mel Huf!

JCB said...

Ha ha LCM. All I have to say is, "How are you enjoying being half way through your FIFTH decade?"

kristi said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the club. Sucks, eh? I want to see the video!