Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time Travel

In an amazing feat of time travel, my daughter (who was just born a few months ago) turned three today! She is joyful and delicious and fun. I can't get enough of her (except when she is insisting that she needs five pairs of underwear, two shirts, and two pairs of pants and we are running late or when she is stalling at bedtime).

In a similarly-related feat, Cassandra wears pull-ups for nighttime and that's all we see of what resembles a diaper. It's especially remarkable given how much we messed up the potty training with Zander. This time around, we let Cass lead the way and we simply provided support. Sure there is the occasional accident, but we're pretty much over that hurdle. (Knock on wood.)

I get it now -- why women who know they are done having children are nostalgic for the baby years. A friend just had a baby and I commented on the facebook newborn photo: "Enjoy these years. They go so fast." The post-partum Jill would have scoffed at such a comment. In fact, I did. Wistful sigh.

1 comment:

Melissa and Peter said...

THREE? No, that can't be right. I hate that time goes by so fast. I was just pregnant last week and here mine are walking around and growing and stuff. Ugh.